Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Freewrite on "I Felt a Funeral in My Brain"
The title of this poem definitely caused the words boredom and death to pop in my brain. When first looking at the title I assumed that it was going to be about how the author had read something boring, so boring, that it had caused her to feel like her brain was off. However, after annotating and analyzing I realized that this obviously goes deeper than boredom. The language used definitely sets a "funeral" mood, the scene in my mind while reading this was of a coffin being carried by people in black suits. But the real question was, who or what was in the coffin? After reading over the poem again it sounded like it was the author's ignorance that had died. The last lines tell of how she dropped and hit the world that sound like she came into a realization of somekind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment