Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Feelings on poetry

   Poetry has for a long time played a big role in my life. I vividly remember the poetry unit that my seventh grade humanities teacher gave. Before that class I thought poetry was some sad and depressed writing that old men and lonely widows wrote to  be relieved from their sorrow. My ignorance however, was quickly abated when I learned of all the types of poetry there was. The one that attracted me the most was slam poetry. I soon discovered that I had talent in writing poetry. I'm absolutely in love with writing poems, all the metaphor, similes, and the play on words that enrich and create scenes in my head captivate and fascinate me. Ive written several poems and have even worked up enough courage to perform at poetry readings and youth camps. The empowerment  that poetry brings me is  thrilling, through it my voice is heard and the message I carry can impact others. God has given me a talent to write and I plan to use it to lift up and encourage my generation andall those generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment